This is my favorite scone recipe. It tastes so good and is easy to make. I use this scone pan from World Market to make perfectly shaped scones.
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 c. raisins
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 stick of butter
1/2 c. milk or heavy cream
3 tbsp. honey
1. Mix flour, raisins, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together. (I use my stand mixer)
2. Mix butter with flour mixture, by cutting butter into chunks and throwing them into the mixer one piece at a time.
3. Mix in eggs, milk/cream, and honey.
4. Continue mixing until dough forms a ball that is chasing itself around the mixing bowl. If dough looks too stick add a little more flour.
5. Turn dough on floured surface a few times and then divide dough into compartments of scone pan. If you don’t have a scone pan then roll out dough until it is about an inch thick and cut into 8 triangles.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for around 15 minutes.