Today I am sharing a recipe for whole wheat banana muffins. These are great served warm, right out of the oven, or eaten later. The muffins can also be frozen, and defrosted l at a time, for an easy breakfast or snack.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. all spice
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 tbsp. of butter, melted
1/3 cup of maple syrup or honey
2 eggs, whisked
2 very ripe bananas
Chopped nuts if desired
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees farenheit. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Stir the butter, eggs, and syrup (or honey) into the flour mixture.
4. Mash the bananas and then mix the bananas into the batter.
5. Divide the batter, evenly, into 12 muffin cups.
6. Cook for around 12 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.