Today I am going to share my recipe for my Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Muffins. I love baking with whole wheat flour and have previously shared several whole wheat recipes on the blog (Whole Wheat Banana Muffins and Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Scones). I also love baking and eating things with “real food” ingredients, that I feel good about my family eating. These muffins turned out very moist and we ate them both for breakfast and snacks. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ c. syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ c. raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 º F and spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Mix the flour, baking bowder, and salt together in a stand mixer or larger bowl.
3. Stir in the melted butter, syrup, and 2 eggs.
4. Once everything is mixed well, stir in the cinnamon, raisins, and vanilla.
5. Add in your milk slowly, adding just enough so that the batter is nice and moist, but not to the point it is “soupy.”
6. Fill your muffin tins ¾ full with the batter.
7. Bake in your preheated oven for about 14 minutes, or until a knife insterted in the center comes out clean.